Eligibility for Pennsylvania Tuition Rates

  • Tuition rates are based on whether or not you are a permanent resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A higher tuition rate is charged to non-residents. If you have lived in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for 12 consecutive months immediately prior to enrollment at any college or university in the state, you may be eligible for reduced tuition rates. To qualify, you must also be a citizen of the United States or have a U. S. immigrant/permanent resident visa. If you are under 21 years of age, you are presumed to have the same domicile as your parents.

    If you are admitted to the University but do not automatically qualify for reduced tuition rates, you may petition for the resident rate. You can contact the Registrar's Office to request an application for residency at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford by telephone at (814) 362-7602.

    **Due dates will not be extended and late payment or late registration fees will not be waived for any reasons related to the determination of eligibility for reduced tuition.**

    Should you change your domicile from Pennsylvania to another state you must promptly give written notice to the University. In addition, if you are under 21 years of age you must report any change in your parents' or legal guardians' address.
    If you are found eligible for resident tuition rates at the time of your initial classification due to an error, you are subject to retroactive reclassification as a non-resident and are responsible for the payment of all related tuition and fees.