• Grades are available through the student information web site approximately 24 hours after the date that grades are due in the Office of the University Registrar. Any change of grades submitted will also appear as they are received and processed in the Office of the University Registrar. To access your grades enter:

    Questions about the actual grade awarded should be directed to the individual instructor or the department chairperson.

    If you have any outstanding financial obligations to the University, your grade mailer will be held in the Enrollment Services Office until your account is paid in full. You cannot receive your grade report or transcript until payment arrangements are complete. Once your financial hold has been released, you must notify this office so that we may release your grades.


    A+ 4.00
    A 4.00 Superior
    A- 3.75
    B+ 3.25
    B 3.00 Meritorious
    B- 2.75
    C+ 2.25
    C 2.00 Adequate
    C- 1.75
    D+ 1.25
    D 1.00 Minimal
    D- 0.75
    F 0.00 Failure

     The Following Grades Carry No Quality Points:

    G - Unfinished course work - Course work unfinished because of extenuating personal circumstances

    H - Honors (exceptional) completion of course requirements

    I - Incomplete - Incomplete course work due to the nature of the course, clinical work, or incomplete research work in individual guidance courses or seminars

    N - Audit - Non-credit

    R - Resignation - Student resigned from the University

    S - Satisfactory - Satisfactory completion of course requirements

    U - Unsatisfactory - Unsatisfactory completion of course requirements

    W - Withdrawal

    Z - Invalid grade - Invalid grade reported

    ** - No grade - No grade reported

    "W" GRADE

    To withdraw from a course after the official end of the add/drop period while still enrolled in other courses, you must process a Withdrawal Request form through the Enrollment Services Office. If approved, a grade of "W" will be recorded on your grade report and transcript for that course. "W" grades do not count toward a student's degree, quality point average, or academic progress for purposes of financial aid eligibility. There is no tuition adjustment associated with a course withdrawal.

    "G" AND "I" GRADES

    A "G" grade is given by an instructor when course work is unfinished because of extenuating personal circumstances. When given a "G" grade, you are usually instructed to complete some clearly defined work (e.g. a final examination paper) within a specified period of time. The "G" must be completed no later than one year after the term or session in which the course was taken. You should not request or be given a "G" grade if, in actuality, you need to repeat the course. See "Course Repeat" for more information.

    Once the deadline has passed, a "G" grade will remain on your record and you will be required to register for the course again, if the course is needed to fulfill requirements for graduation. Contact your instructor for details regarding the issuance of a "G" grade.

    An "I" grade is also issued by the instructor, and differs from a "G" grade. It is issued in the case of ongoing study such as incomplete research, work in individual guidance courses, clinical work or seminars.


    If a course is missing from your transcript, it will be necessary for you to have a Grade Change Form sent to the instructor who taught the course. Bring the Registration or Add/Drop Form which verifies your registration for the course to the Enrollment Services Office. A Supplemental Grade Card will be mailed to the department offering the course for issuance of a grade if appropriate. If a course appears on your transcript or grade mailer with "**" designation, the Office of the University Registrar will follow up with the appropriate academic center to secure your grade (See "Grade Report" for more information.)


    You should consult the Enrollment Services Office for the proper procedure to follow for repeating a course and for information on how this will affect your grades and the calculation of your Quality Point Average (QPA). When you repeat a course, you must officially register and pay for the course again. University policy prohibits any student from attending a course without being officially registered for that course. If you repeat a course, the course will appear on your transcript twice.