Here are the latest details on testing services for fall 2022
Pre-travel testing within 48 hours of arrival is strongly recommended for all students returning to campus. You can get free, at-home COVID tests from the Federal Government, or pick one up from your local pharmacy. Insurance companies and many health plans are required to cover the costs of eight home antigen tests per person, per month. Do not travel if you test positive. Follow the CDC’s guidance for calculating isolation and isolate at home. Contact Student Health Services on your campus for additional guidance.
All students living in residence halls are required to test upon arrival, regardless of vaccination status. There will be a test kit waiting for each student in their room. Please follow the instructions on the kit. Students should refer to their Pitt emails for detailed instructions from Panther Central on how, where and when to return test kits upon arrival. It’s important to activate, swab and return the test kit all on the same day.
The CDC’s Coronavirus Self-Checker may be a useful tool. If you have COVID-19 symptoms such as coughing, sore throat, fever, fatigue or difficulty breathing, please get tested through Student Health Services on campus or contact your health care provider to rule out a possible COVID-19 infection.
- Bradford: 814-362-5272
If you test positive, begin isolating as soon as possible and let your close contacts know about potential exposure. Student Health Services or MyHealth@Work will also conduct contact tracing. If you test negative for COVID, you may be infected with another respiratory virus, so it is wise to wear a mask indoors with others to mitigate the risk of spreading something else.
Pitt will continue to offer symptomatic testing and close contact/focused testing for faculty, staff, and students throughout the fall term as needed.
We will continue to offer close contact/focused testing throughout the fall term as needed. Close contacts of people who have recently tested positive for COVID-19 should get tested to make sure they did not also get infected—or to begin isolating if they did.
Pitt is now partnering with ColorHealth and ThermoFisher Scientific for its testing program.
- Community members will be able to pick up an unobserved, self-swab test kit at the information desk in the Commons from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays or after hours at the kiosk outside Health Services.
- It’s important to use your official Pitt email address and not your Pitt email alias (e.g., email@example.com, not firstname.lastname@example.org) to activate your test kit. When prompted to "Enter the email or ID that's associated with the program," enter your Pitt username (e.g. jxd123).
- Test kit activation should be completed and returned on the same day.
- Collection tube caps must be tightly screwed back on before returning your sample.
- If you cannot access the instructions from your Pitt Passport profile, please use the ColorHealth sign on page at home.color.com/sso.
Test kit pick-up and drop-off locations
Frame-Westerberg Commons information desk – Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Kiosk outside Health Services – after hours