• Veterans
  • Your Federal Student Aid Shopping Sheet

    This Shopping Sheet allows you to see the estimated cost of attending the University of Pittsburgh, your financial aid package, the net cost of your education, work, and loan options as well as other important financial aid information.

    To access your Federal Student Aid Shopping Sheet, log into your my.pitt.edu account with your established username and password. Follow these steps to access your Shopping Sheet:

    1. Go to Self Service> Campus Finances> View Financial Aid
    2. Choose your appropriate aid year (ex. 2015)
    3. Click on the Shopping Sheet link located at the bottom of the Aid Year section

    The Shopping Sheet contains the most current information that you have provided to the University of Pittsburgh through your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have not yet filled out your FAFSA, your information may be incomplete. You can complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

    Helpful Resources 
    • The College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
    • The College Navigator is a consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates, and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
    • The Financial Aid Comparison Shopper/Paying for College worksheet from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a cost comparison worksheet tool. You can enter the name of three schools and receive detailed financial information for each one.
    Financial Aid Advisors

    Pitt-Bradford provides you with access to a financial aid advisor who can assist you with questions regarding your financial aid package. To schedule an appointment with your financial aid advisor, please contact:

    Mandy Colosimo, finaid@list.pitt.edu, 814-362-7550

    Federal Tuition Assistance

    Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) is a separate benefit from other GI Bill® benefits that you may be eligible to receive. Please e-mail  finaid@list.pitt.edu if you plan to use FTA during your time at the University.

    FTA rules and regulations are specific to your branch of service and more information can be found here. Please note: students receiving FTA must submit their Authorization Forms to the Office of Financial Aid.

    Transfer Credits

    You can find information on transferring credits from your previous education by contacting the Registrar, Christina Marrone at 814-362-7602 or by email: Marrone@pitt.edu

    University of Pittsburgh Costs

    For an overview of the costs of attending the University of Pittsburgh - Bradford, please visit Tuition and Fees.

    Education Plans

    Education plans for Pitt-Bradford majors 

    Priority Course Scheduling

    Information on Priority Course scheduling

    Act 46 of 2014 requires public institutions of higher education in Pennsylvania to provide veteran students, as defined in the Act, with preference in course scheduling. Non-compliance may be reported to the Pennsylvania Department of Education by submitting the Higher Education Student Complaint form found at www.education.state.pa.us.

    Veteran Eligibility for In-State Tuition

    In accordance with Section 702 of the Choice Act and PA state Act 11, the University of Pittsburgh offers in-state residency for the purposes of tuition to the following eligible individuals:

    For purposes of the Act, a “Veteran” is any individual who served in the in the United States Armed Forces, including a reserve component or National Guard, and who was discharged or released from service under conditions other than dishonorable and is eligible to receive benefits under any of the following:

    • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve
    • Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program
    • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty
    • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
    • Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill®
    • Spouses and dependent children of these Veterans and any who are eligible to receive Chapter 35 Survivors’ and Dependent’s Educational Assistance, are also eligible. 

    "GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

    If you meet any of above-listed requirements, please provide a copy of the Servicemember’s Letter of Eligibility or your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA to the Office of Financial Aid or by emailing it to  finaid@list.pitt.edu.

    Additional eligible groups include:

    • Military personnel who are assigned to an active duty station in Pennsylvania and who reside in Pennsylvania, and their spouses and dependent children.  If you meet this requirement, please provide a copy of the active duty member’s orders and a copy of the first page of the most recent IRS Form 1040/1040A displaying the name of the spouse or dependent child, if applicable.

    • Civilian personnel employed at a US Department of Defense facility who are transferred to Pennsylvania by the US Department of Defense and who reside in Pennsylvania, and their spouses and dependent children.  If you meet this requirement, please provide a letter from the US Department of Defense that documents the transfer to the Pennsylvania specifying the name of the person employed, the applicable US Department of Defense facility in Pennsylvania, and the start date, along with a copy of the first page of the most recent IRS Form 1040/1040A displaying the name of the spouse or dependent child, if applicable.

    You must notify the Office of Financial Aid of your status in order to receive in-state tuition. Depending on your status, you will be required to submit documents as proof of your military affiliation. 

    Typically, the Office of Financial Aid will be aware of your status if you are receiving military education benefits. If you are not receiving military education benefits, you must notify the University of your status in order to receive in-state tuition rates.

    Compulsory Military Service

    We will do whatever is required to enable students called up to active military duty to transition out of the University as expeditiously as possible. If you are called up to active duty, you'll need to provide a copy of your deployment order to the Office of Enrollment Services.

    In addition, we will arrange for you to drop the term’s registration so you will owe no tuition for the term and receive no grades. In rare cases, there will be exceptions made, depending on personal and/or financial reasons. Before making any final decisions, we will be happy to talk and work with you to help you make the best decision based on your situation.  Additionally, if it is in your best interest to receive grades, you may receive an "M" grade consistent with Pennsylvania Act 59 of 2014.  Information on Act 59 can be found on the Pennsylvania state legislature web site.


    Office of Financial Aid
    300 Campus Drive
    Bradford, PA 16701