You may apply to relocate to the Pittsburgh campus (or any regional campus) during the term in which, upon completion, you will meet the requirements listed below. The application form is available in the Enrollment Services Office (Hangar Building). Your application and file will be forwarded to the appropriate office in Pittsburgh (or at the regional campus to which you are applying). You will be contacted by the appropriate office at the campus to which you have applied within three to six weeks concerning your acceptance. During this time, it is highly recommended that you also contact the housing office at the appropriate campus to which you are applying if you will be seeking housing. You should also contact the office of financial aid at the campus to which you are applying. Please note that Pitt-Bradford merit scholarships are not transferable to any other University of Pittsburgh campus.
Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences (Pittsburgh Campus)
- For students seeking guaranteed transfer relocation who have earned credits only from one of the regional campuses, the normal requirement is for completion of 45 credits at the specific regional campus, with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- For students seeking guaranteed transfer relocation who have earned 30 or more credits at the specific regional campus and a total of 60 credits overall, a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all courses is required.
- For students seeking transfer relocation who have between 15 and 30 credits at the specific regional campus and a total of 60 credits overall, a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required in all courses and the normal requirements of the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences for external transfer students must be met. For these students, relocation is not guaranteed. Students must complete at least 15 credits at the regional campus to transfer to the Pittsburgh campus.
- Students with a 3.0 GPA, who would have been directly admissible to the Pittsburgh campus as freshmen, may be considered for relocation with fewer than the above number of college credits.
College of General Studies (Pittsburgh Campus)
The College of General Studies relocation requirements include: (1) completion of 60 credits, 45 of which must be completed at the regional campus, (2) if you transferred to a Regional Campus, you must complete 60 credits overall and earned 30 or more at the regional campus, and (3) a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Business Administration (Pittsburgh Campus)
The College of Business Administration requirements are as follows: (1) completion of at least 30 credits at UPB with a minimum GPA of 3.0; (2) completion of required courses in calculus (MATH 0136 or MATH 0140), statistics (MATH 0133 or ECON 0204), and economics (ECON 0102 and 0103) with a GPA of 3.00 or higher; and (3) completion of the general education courses appropriate for the College of Business Administration. These guidelines do not include a guarantee of admission. You may mail your transcripts for an unofficial credit evaluation to the College of Business Administration, Office of Admissions, 2100 Sennott Square, Pittsburgh, PA 15260. Transcripts may also be faxed to (412) 383-9606. For more information, please see https://cba.pitt.edu/admission/current-students/internal-transfer-guidelines-for-students-enrolled-after-fall-2015/.
School of Computing and Information (Pittsburgh Campus)
Students that matriculated to a Pitt campus 2197(summer 2019) or earlier:
The School of Computing and Information (SCI) relocation requirements include: (1) must have completed at least 55 credits (which may include current term credits), and (2) have an overall GPA of at least 3.0 if currently enrolled at a regional campus. Please note the additional degree-specific requirements below.
Regional transfer students may apply to relocate directly to SCI if they have met both the relocation requirements listed above and the degree-specific admissions requirements listed below. Those who do not meet the both the relocation requirements and degree-specific admissions requirements must apply to relocate first to the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences.
Additional degree-specific admissions requirements:
- Bioinformatics: BIOSC 0150 (BIOL 0101) and 0160 (BIOL 0102) and CHEM 0110 (CHEM 0101) and 0120 (CHEM 0102) with grades of C or better (not C-).
- Computer Engineering: 3.0 GPA, equivalent of Freshman Engineering Curriculum Requirements with grades C or better.
- Computer Science: equivalents for 4 of the 5 CS core classes: CS 0401, 0441, 0445, 0447, 0449
- Information Science: equivalent for INFSCI 0010
Fall 2019 on:
Internal Transfer Guidelines
To be considered for admission, internal transfer and second Pitt bachelor’s degree applicants must:
- Complete at least 24 credits with a GPA of at least 2.75 (Pittsburgh campus) or 3.0 (regional campuses and second Pitt bachelor’s).
- Finish the equivalent of the first-year SCI curriculum with grades of "C" or better in each course. The first-year SCI curriculum must minimally include the SCI quantitative mathematics and statistics requirements, programming, and introductory composition. Completion of CMPINF 0010: Big Ideas in Computing and Information course is strongly recommended.
Please note that these GPA requirements are for consideration only. Individual undergraduate programs reserve the right to close admission to a major once capacity has been reached. Preference will be given to students ready to declare a major.Internal applicants’ credentials will be evaluated as they exist at the time of application; if grades have not been posted for relevant courses, students will be considered for provisional admission with an undeclared major.
School of Health and Rehabilitative Sciences (SHRS)(Pittsburgh Campus)
Students must apply to the Athletic Training, Communication Science, Emergency Medicine, Health Information Management, Nutrition and Dietetics, and Rehabilitation Science program using the SHRS online application for internal Pitt students; a relocation form is only required for students admitted to these programs. Please visit the SHRS admissions page for application and admission requirements. Application should be made after completion of approximately 45 credits and in anticipation of completing a further 15 credits and all prerequisite requirements prior to beginning the program. Minimum GPA for consideration is 2.5; however, please note that admission to programs is competitive. Meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee admission.
Swanson School of Engineering (Pittsburgh Campus)
To be considered for admission, you must have a cum GPA of at least 3.00 and completed the appropriate first-year Engineering coursework (minimum of 34 credits) at a regional campus. Bradford students in the ME or EE programs must complete two years before transferring to the main campus. Bioengineering requires a 3.50 GPA. Students wishing to major in Industrial will need a 3.0 GPA or higher with C or better grades in Engineering curriculum (Calculus I, II, Physics I, II, CHEM 1,2, ENGR 15 &16). (Please note that these GPA requirements are FOR CONSIDERATION ONLY. Subject to space availability in the program of choice.
Regional Campus (Greensburg)
To be considered for relocation, you must have a GPA of at least 2.00.
Regional Campuses (Johnstown, Titusville)
To be considered for relocation, you must have a minimum GPA of 2.00 and completion of at least 24 credits.