• Pre-Chiropractic

  • Program Designation: Pre-Professional

    Program Contact: Yaich, Lauren

    Academic Division: Biological and Health Sciences

    Program Description:

    Would you like to be a chiropractor? Help people who have aches and pains feel better?

    If so, you will need to earn a doctor of chiropractic degree. But first, you will need to take a number of courses on our campus before you apply to a chiropractic college. The number of courses you will need to take here will depend on the chiropractic school you eventually apply to. And, while you're on our campus, we will help arrange an internship with a local chiropractor to give you that “extra edge.”

    Most students on our campus earn a bachelor's degree in biology before they apply to a chiropractic college. Since each chiropractic school may have other specific requirements, we suggest you check with the school of your choice before you finish your bachelor's degree.

    What you can do with a degree in Pre-Chiropractic.

    Transfer Program Requirements

    Minimum prerequisites, which must be completed include the following:

    • Humanities/Social Sciences - 15 Credits COMM 0104 Public Speaking is highly recommended by some schools and is required by several.

    Please be advised

    Please be advised that some programs or courses of study require that students complete rotations, fieldwork, internships/externships and/or teaching assignments at facilities external to the university, while other programs or courses of study may offer voluntary internships or externships at facilities external to the university. Depending on the program or course, such facilities will or may require a criminal background check, an act 33/34 clearance (if applicable), and perhaps a drug screen to determine participant qualification or eligibility. Additionally, in order to become licensed, many states will inquire as to whether the applicant has been convicted of a misdemeanor, a felony, or a felonious or illegal act associated with alcohol and/or substance abuse.