If you're looking for something to do in the region, (or maybe you need something to do with your family when they come to visit) you have many choices. The Bradford and surrounding area has many interesting and historical points of interest, including the Kinzua Bridge, and the Penn-Brad Oil Museum.
Take just a couple of steps off campus and you can hike, bike, hunt, fish, canoe, ride horses, etc. Or take part in events happening downtown or elsewhere in town.
Beyond Bradford, you'll find:
- excellent skiing and snowboarding at Holiday Valley Ski Resort in Ellicottville, N.Y., a 45-minute drive to the north
- canoeing, biking, picnicking and swimming in Allegany State Park in New York, just 10 minutes to the north
- hiking, camping, fishing and swimming in the Allegheny National Forest, just a few minutes south of campus
- a helpful Allegheny National Forest Visitors bureau
- arts and cultural events along with prime shopping in Erie, PA (a 90-minute drive west); Buffalo, NY, (90 minutes north); and Pittsburgh (3 1/2 hours to the south)
- a large, metropolitan center in Toronto, Canada, 3 1/2 hours to the north
Allegheny Arms and Armor Museum -Allegheny Arms and Armor Museum in Smethport, PA preserves and maintains military vehicles, armor, aircraft, watercraft, weapons and associated militaria.
Allegheny National Forest - official site of the Allegheny National Forest. The forest offers many recreational opportunities, including boating, canoeing, camping, cross country skiing and hiking.
Allegheny National Forest Visitors Bureau - Learn about Pennsylvania's outdoor playground.
Allegany State Park (NY) - New York State's largest state park, just minutes from Bradford
Bradford Creative and Performing Arts Center - Nationally known acts come to Bradford each season.
Bradford Little Theatre - Locally produced, award winning productions hit the stage annually.
Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra - See the BPO and other major recording artists at Kleinhan's Music Hall.
Buffalo Sabres Hockey - National Hockey League's Buffalo Sabres and the First Niagara Center are just 75 miles from Bradford, a short drive up U.S. Route 219. The arena annually attracts major touring artists and other performances.
Crook Farm - Visitors can enjoy a walk back in time as they visit the 19th century restored farm house, barn, one-room schoolhouse, herb garden, tool house, train depot and outbuildings located in Bradford.
Eldred World War II Museum - The Eldred World War II Museum is located in Eldred, PA, 85 miles south of Niagara Falls, NY. During World War II, Eldred was the site of a British and American munitions plant which produced eight million bombs, mortar shells and fuses.
Erie Otters - Ontario Hockey League team featuring many of the future stars of the NHL.
Flickerwood Wine Cellar - Open seven days a week, the winery in Kane, PA welcomes tours from groups and organizations, including bus tours.
Glendorn - A 1280 acre estate for public lodging while preserving the estate. The goal at Glendorn is to achieve a level of comfort, with an attendant sense of privacy and pause, take stock and renewal but also to have fun. We encourage fly fishing instruction, trap and skeet lessons, hiking or biking the trails, canoeing, or relaxing by the swimming pool or in front of the estate's 41 wood burning fireplaces. Reservations: 800-843-8568
Holgate Toy Company - World famous for its wooden toys designed by Jarvis Rockwell (brother of Norman Rockwell). The company was founded in 1929 and operates in Kane, PA.
Kinzua Dam- Kinzua Dam is at the heart of one of the largest and most popular outdoor recreation complexes in the northeastern United States. You can visit the reservoir and discover a diversity of year-round recreational opportunities.
Knox Kane Railroad - Knox Kane Railroad is a delightful passenger train trip from Marienville, PA to the Kinzua Bridge, with a stop in Kane to pick up passengers. Both open-air and closed cars transport passengers through deep woods and rural settings.
Penn-Brad Oil Museum - The Penn-Brad Oil Museum in Bradford contains an interesting collection of artifacts, momentos and antique field equipment from the oil industry and features a 72 foot tall wooden standard drilling rig used in developing the first billion dollar oil field.
Rock City Park - Climb gigantic rocks just minutes from Bradford.
Shea's Performing Arts Center - located in Buffalo, N.Y., one of the northeast's finest arts venues.
Struther's Library Theatre - historic playhouse in Warren, Pa.
The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center - Museum dedicated to Lucy and Desi, in nearby Jamestown, N.Y., the hometown of Lucille Ball.
The Winery at Wilcox - Winery in Wilcox, Pa.
Warner Theater - Erie, Pa.'s leading fine arts venue.
Zippo/Case Visitor's Center - Since its opening in 1997, the Zippo/Case Visitors Center in Bradford has attracted thousands of visitors from over 120 countries around the world. Step through history and trace two beloved American icons, the Zippo lighter and Case knife.
Assemblies of God
- Abundant Life Assembly of God Church, 140 Minard Run Road, 814-368-9997.
- Bolivar Drive Baptist Church, 361 Bolivar Drive, 814-368-8521
- First Baptist Church, 71 Congress Street, 814-368-6335
- Faith Baptist Church, 440 Seaward Avenue, 814-368-7622
- Hilltop Baptist Church, Gifford, Pa., 814-465-3336
- St. Bernard Catholic Church, 95 East Corydon Street, 814-362-6825
- St. Francis Catholic Church, 15 St. Francis Drive, 814-368-6959
Catholic (Latin Rite)
- Holy Family Catholic Church, 5 Walker Avenue, 814-368-9157
- People's Christian Fellowship, 10 Harding Avenue, 814-368-4795
Missionary and Alliance
- Bradford Alliance Church, 240 Minard Run, 814-368-6612
Church of Christ
- Bradford Church of Christ, 121 Derrick Road, 814-368-9972
- Church of the Ascension, 26 Chautauqua Place, 814-368-8915
- Sawyer Evangelical Church, 777 South Kendall Avenue, 814-368-5359
- Foursquare Gospel Church, 50 Sullivan Road, 814-368-3605
- First Free Methodist, 18 Boylston Street, 814-368-7381
- Open Arms Community Church, 1289 E. Main St. 814-368-8846
- Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Minard Run Road, 814-362-6725
- Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 152 Seaward Avenue, 814-362-4347
- Grace Lutheran Church, 79 Mechanic Street, 814-362-3244
- Bradford Mennonite Church, 110 Chestnut Street, 814-362-2809
- Bradford Church of the Nazarene, 55 North Bennett Street, 814-368-8129
- East End Presbyterian Church, 18 Welch Avenue, 814-368-8378
- First Presbyterian Church, 54 East Corydon Street, 814-362-5569
- Seventh-day Adventist Church of Derrick City, 522 Derrick Road, 814-362-2294
- Temple Beth El, 144-146 Clarence Street, 814-368-8204
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 385 East Main Street, 814-368-7885
- First United Methodist Church, 23 Chambers Street, 814-362-3584
- Hill Memorial United Methodist Church, 44 Kennedy Street, 814-362-4375
- Sawyer United Methodist Church, 692 South Kendall Avenue, 814-362-1995
- West Branch United Methodist Church, 605 West Washington Street, 814-362-3053
- First Wesleyan Church, Bishop & Boylston Street, 814-368-7865
You will find several restaurants in and around town that serve delicious food. You can choose from Italian, Chinese or try one of the area's famous "beef on weck" sandwiches at many of these locations:
A Slice of the 80s -- 19 Congress St. -- 814-362-8080
Monday - Thursday 11 am - midnight
Friday and Saturday 11 - 1 am
Sunday 11 am - midnight
Beefeaters Restaurant - 27 Congress Street - 814-362-9717
Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. -10 p.m.
Reservations for 10 or more
USDA beef roasted & sliced
Restored Historic Library, Victorian atmosphere with casual dining
Lounge- Banquet seating up to 150
Major credit cards accepted
Best Western - 100 Davis Street South - 814-362-4501
Restaurant & Lounge
Bradford Brew Station - 104 Chestnut Street - 814-368-3137
Chef's 117 - 117 Main St - 814-362-1170
Chu-Lee Gardens Restaurant - 405 E. Main Street - 814-362-4700
Open 11 a.m. serving until 9 p.m.
Derrick City Diner -- 563 Derrick Road -- 814-368-3975
Glendorn - 1000 Glendorn Drive
Great Wall -- 94 Main St. -- 814-368-8017
Monday -- Sunday 11 am - 10 pm
John Williams European Pastry Shop - 20 Mechanic Street - 814-362-6637
6 a.m.- 3 p.m.
Kabob's at The Option House - 41 Main St. - 814-362-2622
Monday - Saturday 11 am - 10 pm
Lighthouse Family Restaurant -- 26 Bolivar Drive -- 814-368-5111
Monday to Thursday 6 am to 8:30 pm
Friday and Saturday 6 am to 9 pm
Sunday 7 am to 8:30 pm
Model T Inn - -555 Derrick Road -- 814-362-2947
Tuesday to Sunday noon to 10 pm
Monte's -- 491 E. Main St.
Players Downtown Sports Bar 12 Mechanic Street - 814-368-9789
Monday - Wednesday 4 pm - 2 am
Thursday - Friday 11 am - 2 am
Saturday - Sunday Noon - 2 am
Rookie's Sports Bar and Restaurant -- 211 Main St. -- 814-368-9990
Monday 4 pm to midnight
Tuesday to Thursday 11 am to midnight
Friday 11 am to 2 am
Saturday Noon to 2 am
Sunday Noon to midnight
The New City Line -- 244 W. Washington St.-- 814-368-4400
Togi's Family Restaurant -- 412 E. Main St.-- 814-368-6447
Westline Inn, Inc. - Westline, PA - 814-778-5103
(Westline Rd off 219 SOUTH)
Open daily at Noon
Food, Spirits, Lodging, Rustic setting!
Gourmet food in a relaxing atmosphere
Major credit cards accepted