International Students

  • Campus aerial

  • Welcome. Bienvenue. Willkommen. Benvenuto. Recepcin.

    Pitt-Bradford is a regional campus of the University of Pittsburgh, a public research university serving Pennsylvania as well as the world. We have a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff and have students from many different countries, backgrounds and experiences.

    Some students come to our campus and stay for all four years because they prefer smaller classes and feel comfortable being a part of our diverse, inclusive and welcoming campus community. As Pitt-Bradford students, they also have access to the vast resources of the University of Pittsburgh.

    Others spend their first two years on our campus and transfer to another Pitt campus for their remaining two years. The vast majority of our majors can be completed this way.

    Regardless of campus location, all degrees are conferred by the University of Pittsburgh, which is recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education. All diplomas are signed by the university’s chancellor, provost and chairman of the Board of Directors.

    At Pitt-Bradford, you will:

    Scholarship for International Students

    If you are an international student (non-U.S. citizen) and plan to live on campus, you may be eligible to receive a $9,612 Panther Room and Board Scholarship for International Students, which will cover all costs associated with our average double-room occupancy and average meal plan (260 meals/10 guest meals.) The award is renewable each year for four years as long as you maintain eligibility.

    You may be eligible if you:

    • Are a new, admitted freshman and plan to enroll full time
    • Have a secondary school cumulative high school GPA of at least 2.5 (U.S. equivalent)
    • Have a TOEFL score of at least 100
    • Have taken the SAT test and received a combined math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of at least 1030. If you take the ACT, your composite score must at least 20   

    If you are transferring from another international institution, you may be eligible if you: 

    • Apply as a full-time student
    • Show proof of high school graduation (complete with graduation date)
    • Have an overall GPA from all other post-secondary institutions attended of at least 2.50 (US equivalent)
    • Have earned at least 24 credits
    • Have an overall TOEFL score of at least 100

    For more information or if you have questions - please complete our International Students Information Request form. You can also apply to our campus  and enjoy all the benefits of a University of Pittsburgh education.

    • Our Location
    • Your Degree
    • Application Requirements
    • International Transcript Evaluation

    We are located in Bradford, Pennsylvania, a three-hour drive north of the campus in Pittsburgh.


    When you graduate from Pitt-Bradford, you will earn the prestigious University of Pittsburgh degree, which is recognized and respected all over the world.


    See? No difference! We are all part of the University of Pittsburgh System.

    1. Online application , At the latest, your application and all required application materials must be received by:

    June 1: fall term (August)
    October 15: spring term (January) 

    Applying online waves the $45.00 application fee

    1. Academic records. This includes:
      • Original or certified, official secondary school records from grades 9-12 (transcripts, marksheets, certificates, examination results, etc.) and any national/state examination results required in your country. Note: If your secondary record only includes grades 10-12, please submit the third year of your middle school transcript.
      • Literal translations of your records if they are not in English.
      • Official transcript evaluation. Note: depending on the evaluation service you select, you may be able to send all your records to the evaluation service which will then forward them to Pitt.

    2. SAT or ACT results. If you have taken either or both of these tests more than once, we strongly suggest you send all of your scores. We will take your highest subscores and put them together for your composite score. We also require that you submit your writing score. Your official results should be sent by the testing agency directly to the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford using the appropriate code number:
      • SAT - 2935
      • ACT - 3731

    3. Official TOEFL or IELTS results, if required. Click here for exceptions.

    4. Freshmen who have taken university credits should also submit:
      • Official post-secondary records and, if they are in a language other than English, literal, translated versions of them, and an official evaluation of those credits (see Step 2) and an
      • Official course catalog and/or course syllabi for all courses completed at a college or university outside of the U.S. or complete course descriptions for the courses, modules, and subjects that you have completed and plan to complete. If your records and/or course catalog or course syllabi are written in a language other than English, an English translation must be submitted. Submit this to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Note: The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford does not accept or recognize transfer credit evaluations done by other institutions.

    5. $45 application fee in U.S. dollars is required with all submitted paper applications.. We are unable to accept checks from banks outside of the country unless they have a branch in the U.S. unless specified otherwise above in Step 2, mail your required documents and forms to: 

    University of Pittsburgh at Bradford Office of Admissions
    300 Campus Drive
    Bradford, PA 16701

    1. Or, you can send them as an e-mail attachment to Please use your full legal name in your e-mail, exactly as it appears on your passport, so we can properly match your documents with your application.



    University of Pittsburgh applicants are required to submit an official credential evaluation of all international documents (transcripts, marksheets, certificates, examination results, etc.) from the evaluator, below.

    Josef Silny and Associates. The Office of Admissions and Financial Aid prefers that you use the evaluation services of Josef Silny and Associates (JS&A). If you use JS&A, you can send your records directly to JS&A. Once JS&A has evaluated them, it will send your scanned official records, translations of your records, and evaluation directly to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, electronically. Please submit records as specified on the JS&A printable credential evaluation application that is specifically designed for University of Pittsburgh applicants.

    Freshman applicants. Important notes: In the United States, a secondary school transcript covers 4 years, from grades 9-12. If secondary school in your country covers only 3 years, please be sure to also submit the 3rd year of your middle school record.  Rising seniors (presently enrolled in grade 12) should send a transcript for the three years you have completed, including the 3rd year of middle school if applicable.

    Request these credential evaluations from JS&A.

    1. A high school course-by- course evaluation and
    2. A grade point average equivalent

    Transfer applicants. Transfer applicants who will have fewer than two years of full-time university work completed by the term they plan to enroll should send a secondary transcript to JS&A (if secondary school in your country is 3 years in length, that is acceptable) for evaluation, as well as their transcripts of all post-secondary work.

    Request these credential evaluations from JS&A. 

    1. High school document-by-document and
    2. High school grade point average equivalent
    3. University course-by-course evaluation
    4. University grade point average


    Transfer applicants who will have completed two years of full-time university work by the term they plan to enroll at Pitt do not need to send their secondary record to JS&A for evaluation. Do however, send your secondary transcript in the original language and a certified, literal translation of it to Pitt; and send your post-secondary records to JS&A for evaluation.

    Request these credential evaluations from JS&A.

    1. University course-by-course evaluation
    2. University grade point average


    Contact JS&A at:

    Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
    International Education Consultants
    7101 SW 102 Avenue Miami, Fl 33173
    Phone: 305-273-1616
    Fax: 305-273-1338